Sophia Goh, Senior Counsellor
(Currently on maternity leave)
Pronouns: she / her
Hi, my name is Sophia. I am a professional counsellor and psychotherapist based in Singapore.
My mission is to help individuals like you lead successful, fulfilling and well-meaning lives – no matter where you are starting from.
The philosophy of my practice is based on positive psychology, which is the scientific study of happiness and flourishing. Positive psychology focuses on helping individuals lead fulfilling lives that are important to them, and to cultivate what is best within themselves.
I also draw upon mindfulness-based approaches such as Acceptance Commitment Therapy, as well as attachment theory, working with you through past attachment injuries to build meaningful relationships in the present.
As a professional psychotherapist in Singapore, I practice what I preach. I continuously seek out ways to lead a more fulfilling and well-meaning life myself. This means painstakingly building in positive habits that I would work on with you in our counselling sessions as well. I read widely on the latest evidence-based and effective practices that would help you become happier, more productive, successful and fulfilled.
Areas of Focus
Anxiety & specific phobias
Relationship & attachment issues
- Specific phobias
- Anger management
- Stress management
- Career counselling
- Relationship issues
- Self-esteem issues
- Chronic pain
- Life transitions
- Couples therapy – Couples in all stages of a relationship, including married or dating couples, and couples of diverse orientations and relationship configurations
- Anxiety & specific phobias
- Relationship & attachment issues
- Parents – New parents, working parents, parenting issues, exploring self & identity
- Working professionals – Managing work-life balance, building fulfilling and well-meaning lives
- Clinical supervision
The Singapore Women’s Weekly: Can You Ever Truly Be Friends With Your Child?
Yes 933 我们的心理话 H2H with Eve: 原来我就是这样依赖着你！4 Attachment Styles
Viddsee: POV: Parenting Ep 2 – Baby Steps
CNA Lifestyle: Imposter syndrome: Why so many women feel like frauds at work and what you can do to help yourself
The Straits Times: Oscars slap: Feeling angry doesn’t excuse lashing out, experts say
Today Online: Pandemic rage: It’s time to seek help when not getting that last chicken wing makes you throw a chair
Suria Mediacorp: Misteri Minda Episode 7: Intermittent Explosive Disorder
Today Online: Adulting 101: How to have a hobby beyond mindless Netflixing
CNA Lifestyle: Women and self-care: Tips to recharge and get your mental wellness back on track
Today Online: Adulting 101: How I learnt that self-care is not just about Netflix, bubble baths and scented candles
Today Online: Adulting 101: Now that I am a working adult, will I ever stop feeling tired?
Today Online: The Big Read: Students’ silent cry for help, as Covid-19 fallout erodes parental and peer support for some
The Straits Times: Phase 2 heightened alert blues? HBL woes? How to keep calm and carry on
The Straits Times: Keep calm and curl up: More turning to meditation to cope with stress
联合早报: 内向或外向 都难逃疫情的影响
联合早报: 穿戴式装置 或可预测冠病?
The Straits Times: Rise in anger episodes or more recording violent incidents?
The Straits Times: People more likely to film an incident than help: Do social media likes matter more?
We welcomed another baby girl into our family in May 2023 and I am now a proud mother of two lovely girls. I love learning and creating new things (set up this entire website by myself!), reading, doing Muay Thai, and spending time with my family.
“My goal is to help you create the space to make the changes in your life“
Credentials and Additional Training
- Master of Arts in Counselling and Guidance, National Institute of Education, Singapore
- Bachelor of Business Management (Finance and Strategic Management), Singapore Management University
- Registered Circle of Security Parenting™ Facilitator
- Externship in Emotionally Focused Therapy, from Dr Elmien Lesch
- Certified Dialectical Behavior Therapy (CDBT) Professional Training, from Dr Lane Pederson
- Assessment and Intervention with Suicidal Clients, from Dr John Sommers-Flanagan
- Level 2 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Competency-Based Supervision Training, from Christine Senediak and Sam Vasta
- Treating Clients with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: Improve Psychological Flexibility through Acceptance and Commitment Therapy & Exposure and Ritual Prevention with Dr Daniel J. Moran
- Psychological First Aid, from Singapore Emergency Responder Academy
- Career Development Facilitator, The National Career Development Association
- Certified Holistic Nutritionist, American Fitness Professionals & Associates (AFPA)
- Mindfulness for Well-being and Peak Performance, Monash University, Australia
- Continuous learning via conferences, seminars, e-courses, reading books, and listening to podcasts
- Adjunct Lecturer for CC0005 Healthy Living and Wellbeing, Nanyang Technological University
- Counselling work in private practice (working with individuals and couples and working adults on Employee Assistance Plan (EAP))
- Counselling work in local Primary and Secondary schools (working with adolescents on anger management issues, school refusal, study motivation, and delinquency behaviors)
- Counselling work in a tertiary setting (working with young adults on relationship issues, career exploration, academic stress and stress management)
- Group counselling work facilitating personal development, anger management groups, social skills, and coping with life transitions
- Volunteer as a listener on 7 Cups, an online therapy and free counselling platform for individuals experiencing emotional distress
- Clinical Member and Registered Counsellor, Singapore Association for Counselling (C0592)
- Past Member, The National Career Development Association
- Past Member, Young Women’s Leadership Connection
Find out how we can work together
Availability (Currently on maternity leave)
In-office and Online
Wednesdays: 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Thursdays: 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Individual Session (Initial): $250
Individual Session (Subsequent): $200
Couples Session (Initial): $300
Couples Session (Subsequent): $300