Alexandra Bohnen, Senior Counsellor
Hi, I’m Alexandra and I think we could all use a little help.
I’m devoted to providing inclusive, accessible therapy to all who want it, reaching out with empathy and compassion to heal the wounds we bear by simply being human.
I am experienced in providing individual therapy for adults who struggle with relationships, identity, sexuality, low self-esteem, depression, anxiety, phobias, stress management, and more. I believe strongly in helping my clients dig deep to understand themselves better, bringing forth their natural strengths and resources. To do so, I cultivate a warm and non-judgmental space in which you can feel safe and empowered to explore your challenges.
I work in a person-centered manner, meeting you where you are at and encouraging meaningful change. Informed by a variety of modalities, I adapt my practice to suit each individual.
I am committed to ethical practice, attending regular supervision. In my professional development, my passion is in learning more about attachment and the patterns we develop to survive our childhood or other situations that no longer serve us.
Credentials and Additional Training
- MA Counselling, Monash University
- BSc Applied Psychology (Clinical), University of Exeter
- Attachment Mastery, with Dr Diane Poole-Heller
- Schema Therapy Level 1 and 2, Schema Therapy Australia
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, with Russ Harris & Dr Joseph Ciarrochi
- Family Therapy, with Dr Paul Rhodes
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, with Dr Sian Jeffery
- Working with Severe Trauma and Stress, Academy of Solution Focused Training
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Counselling work in private practice, including pro bono work
- Counselling work with children in an enrichment centre
- Counselling work in the National Health Service in the UK (providing low-intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy as a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner)