Wong Hui Yu, Counsellor
Pronouns: she / her
Hello, I’m Hui Yu.
We all yearn for safe passage through the trials of our lives, and it is my belief that the path to insight and healing is deeply relational. Whether in the domains of education, vocation, spiritual growth, or relationships, I am passionate in journeying with you to nourish your relationship with self and others.
I have had diverse experiences working in the arts, special needs education, and as a counsellor for children, adolescents, and adults across educational, community and private practice settings. Alongside my personal experiences, this has allowed me to appreciate the complexities of human challenges across the lifespan, including grappling with anxiety, loss, perfectionism, loneliness, and the struggle to live up to personal and societal expectations.
When working with me, you’ll experience an environment that welcomes all parts of you. I believe that the places we keep hidden are also precious portals to access our innate resilience. Anchored in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), our work will support you to courageously befriend your inner experiences — joys, fears, hopes, and sorrows alike — in service of a life worth living.
Whatever has brought you here, I will join you with openness and curiosity as a collaborator on your path to healing. Together, we will craft an approach that best meets your unique self, and co-create an action plan for a future of life-giving choices.
Adolescents (13 and up)
Areas of focus
Anxiety & phobias
Grief and loss
Identity and self-esteem issues
- Panic disorder
- Anger management
- Stress management
- Relationship issues
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Grief / Loss
- Identity issues
- Self-esteem issues
- Sleep issues
- Anxiety & phobias
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Grief and loss
- Identity and self-esteem issues
- Sleep issues
Credentials and Additional Training
- Master of Arts in Counselling and Guidance, National Institute of Education, Singapore
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Immersion with Dr Steven Hayes
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy in Practice with Dr Steven Hayes
- Assessment and Intervention with Suicidal Clients with Dr John Sommers-Flanagan
- Treating Clients with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: Improve Psychological Flexibility through Acceptance and Commitment Therapy & Exposure and Ritual Prevention with Dr Daniel J. Moran
- Continuous learning via seminars, e-courses, reading books, and listening to podcasts
- Counselling work in private practice for adolescents and young working professionals
- Counselling work in a tertiary setting with young adults (relationship issues, emotional regulation and stress management)
- Counselling work in a Secondary school (emotional regulation, self-esteem, motivation)
- Counselling work in a non-profit childrens’ charity
- Learning Facilitator at a Special Education school for adolescents
- Provisional Clinical Member, Singapore Association for Counselling (D0739)