Claire Leong, Counsellor
Pronouns: she / her
Hello! My name is Claire and I am a counsellor from Singapore.
I believe that wellness goes beyond the absence of illness; it is about thriving in different aspects of life.
It is my mission to journey with clients to have a deeper understanding of themselves so that they may learn to tap on or build new strengths to achieve their life goals. Equipped with first-hand experiences of psychiatric treatment and its challenges in Singapore, I have developed a passion for helping others to overcome life’s many challenges to live life to the fullest. While everyone’s journey is unique and will differ from my own in some way, my personal and professional experiences have allowed me to relate to my clients more closely and develop stronger bonds.
My experience ranges across a variety of clients, from intellectually disadvantaged children to elderly with depression and dementia, but my expertise and area of focus lies in working with children, youth, and family systems.
Adolescents (10 and up)
Couples & families
Areas of focus
Anxiety & depression
Caregiver stress and more
- Specific phobias
- Panic disorder
- Anger management
- Personality disorder
- Stress management
- Relationship issues
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Identity issues
- Self-esteem issues
At one point in my life, I owned 32 hamsters, two rabbits, a dog, and a lobster. I also spent several years working with 18 lovely horses. Yes, I love animals! Other interests of mine include expressive writing, theatre, playing the guitar, and being really bad at videogames.
“My life goal is to help erase the stigma on mental illness”
Credentials and Additional Training
- Master of Counselling, Monash University, Australia
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (minor in Organisational Behaviour), Murdoch University, Australia
- Diploma in Counselling, Kaplan Higher Education Academy, Singapore
- General Psychiatric Management for BPD, Harvard Medical School, USA
- PREPARE/ENRICH Certified Facilitator
- Certificate of Completion for Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist (Individual), Arizona Trauma Institute
- Attachment-focused EMDR for an Eating Disorder [Digital Seminar], PESI AU x The Professional Development People
- Rewiring the Addicted Brain with EMDR, PROMISES x Parnell Institute 2022
- REBT: Taking a Compassionate and Empowering Approach, from Dr Debbie Ellis
- Introduction to Family Therapy, Social Service Institute, Singapore
- Adapting Programmes for Persons with Disabilities, Social Service Institute, Singapore
- Mental Health First Aid, Mental Health First Aid Singapore, Singapore
- Tools and Skills for Supporting Youth with Mental Health Distress, Social Service Institute, Singapore
- Family and Adult Support Tool (FAST) – User, Social Service Institute, Singapore
- Forum Theatre Performance Facilitation (Joking), Mixed Company Theatre, Canada
- Equine Experiential Education (E3A) Certified Practitioner, E3A, USA
- Healing from Affairs: Moving Past the Trauma of Betrayal and Infidelity [Digital Seminar by Tammy Nelson] PESI AU
- IFS in Action: Leading Clients to Self-Leadership [Digital Seminar by Richard C. Schwartz] PESI AU
- Clinical and Ethical Best Practices for High-Conflict Families: Child-first Strategies for Divorce, Custody, Coparenting, and Court [Digital Seminar by Bradley Craig] PESI AU
- 2-Day Advanced Workshop: Clinical Applications of Internal Family Systems (IFS) with Frank Anderson MD [Digital Seminar by Frank Anderson] PESI AU
- Continuous learning via conferences, e-courses, and reading books
- Counselling persons with mental health issues and their family members
- Programme development and group facilitation for at-risk youth (working with children and adolescents with issues such as emotion regulation, school refusal, bullying, motivation, self-esteem, risk-taking behaviour, and socioemotional functioning)
- Equine-assisted learning for at-risk youth, special needs, families, and elderly with depression and/or dementia
- Development of a forum theatre programme for at-risk youth
- Trainer and support group facilitator for families of persons with mental health issues
- Volunteer as a listener on 7 Cups, an online therapy and free counselling platform for individuals experiencing emotional distress
- Associate Member, Singapore Association of Counsellors (G0290)
Find out how we can work together
In-office and Online
Mondays: 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Tuesdays: 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Thursdays: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Fridays: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Alternate Sundays: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Individual Session (Initial): $220
Individual Session (Subsequent): $170
Couples / Family Session (Initial): $280
Couples / Family Session (Subsequent): $280