Nabilah Syed Sultan, Practicum Counsellor
Pronouns: she / her
Hi, I’m Nabilah and I am a trainee counsellor and therapist based in Singapore.
I enjoy working with people who wish to gain self-awareness and growth so they can thrive. I come from a literary and arts background and facilitate clients to look for themes and patterns in their life that they can draw meaning from.
I have a natural interest in working with people from marginalised and minority groups and am deeply sensitive to the stressors affecting individuals who do not always fit into mainstream or traditional expectations. This led me to volunteer in spaces to serve vulnerable communities in Singapore.
Areas of focus
“I believe that everyone has an innate capacity to heal and thrive with support and a safe space.”
Credentials and Additional Training
- Master of Counselling (Advanced), Swinburne University of Technology (Graduating in 2024)
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) English Literature & Communication Studies, Nanyang Technological University
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Education, National Institute of Education
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Positive Psychology, The School of Positive Psychology
- Career counselling for Secondary school and tertiary level students
- Coaching using positive psychology