Feeling lost about what your child needs? Wondering if you are doing the right things to help them grow?
Feeling lost about what your child needs? Wondering if you are doing the right things to help them grow? Parenting can feel like such a daunting task sometimes. You are not alone if you have ever felt lost or had doubts about what you are doing as a parent.
Now, imagine if you had an easy to understand framework built on decades of research that could help you to:
- Understand your child’s emotional world by learning to read their emotional needs
- Support your child’s ability to successfully manage emotions
- Enhance the development of your child’s self esteem
- Honour the innate wisdom and desire for your child to be secure
Find out more about the Circle of Security Parenting™ (COSP) programme is built on over fifty years of research on early child development and attachment theory.
About the Circle of Security Parenting™ Programme
The Circle of Security Parenting™ (COSP) programme is an 8 week parenting programme that helps to foster secure parent-child relationships. Research has shown that having a secure attachment is critical to a child’s current and future well-being.
Children with a secure attachment have been found to:
- Enjoy more happiness with their parents
- Turn to their parents for help when they are in trouble
- Solve problems on their own
- Get along better with friends
- Build lasting friendships
- Have higher self-esteem
- Trust the people they love
- Know how to be kind to those around them
Circle of Security Parenting™ Programme Details
The Circle of Security Parenting™ (COSP) programme will be conducted by our Principal Counsellor, Ms Sophia Goh. Sophia is a Registered Circle of Security Parenting™ Facilitator and a parent of one. She adopts a respectful parenting approach.
The programme will be a closed group of 4 to 6 participants, and run for 8 weeks, meeting weekly for 1.5 hours. At the end of the programme, all participants will receive a manual and a Certificate of Attendance.
Currently Open: May 2022
Group A: Fridays, 9 am to 10.30 am (20 May – 8 July)
Programme Fees: $480 per individual or $840 per couple
Group will open with a minimum of 4 participants and close at 6 participants per group. To register, please send us an email with your name and the group that you would like to sign up for.
Circle of Security International Website
Raising a Secure Child by Bert Powell, Glen Cooper, and Kent Hoffman